Sunday 20 May 2007

Out of Tune - Part 2

Wally's Facial Rig

Here is a facial test for Wally



Acting

Here you can witness my terrible acting skills, this is the reference I've used for my blocking stage. The cool thing about rehearsing the performance is that it becomes an extension of yourself. You really get alot closer to every movement, annd it forces you to iron out performance issues before being affected by the technical difficulties that 3d entails



Blocking Stage

Ok, this is how far I am blocking out the main poses. I havent finished this yet, I need to get more reference footage for the last few shots..... But it's cool to see it coming together

3 comments:

Daniel M.C. Alvite said...

dude,,,
it seems to me pretty good, wally has got amaizing expressions,,uau,,,the U shape of psiiiiii...it´s amaizing,,,you really, did,,,i can see now all your effort...good one david.
i could see the building up of wally nervous state,,,nice....wanna see how hard you gonna hit him with thi ted bear,

David Beer said...

Thanks Dude.... You know, i made a blendshape especially for the 'shhhhh!' in fact, i made two, so when I animate i can make his lips flap around a bit.
Hey hey, teddy not done yet dammit...he he, I think i may use the anvil idea too (even though its cliche'd). Want your help on something too, will ask you today.

libra bear said...

SOme really awesome stuff on your blog. Can see you've been really busy. I love the character design and range of expressions. I also like the feeling of your movie which is really important, an atmosphere that would be heaven except for that noisey parrot!! Great Stuff.
Wes